Thursday, August 8, 2024

Abraham 1:15-16 -- On Journeying to a Strange Land

"And as they lifted up their hands upon me, that they might offer me up and take away my life, behold, I lifted up my voice unto the Lord my God, and the Lord hearkened and heard, and he filled me with the vision of the Almighty, and the angel of his presence stood by me, and immediately unloosed my bands; And his voice was unto me: Abraham, Abraham, behold, my name is Jehovah, and I have heard thee, and have come down to deliver thee, and to take thee away from thy father’s house, and from all thy kinsfolk, into a strange land which thou knowest not of."
Abraham 1:15-16


I think this is cool. Abraham needed the Lord to save him, and so he did, and then he introduces himself and tells Abraham that he is sending him to a strange land. ... I think on some level this is the story for all of us. We need God, and God helps us to find our new place/new life where we can be safe, but also work to help others as well. Hopefully it doesn't start with someone trying to sacrifice us, as it did for Abraham, but we all need God just as desperately as Abraham did. Today, let's look to the Lord for safety and peace, but also be open to a totally new life, and the better people that we can be with God's help. Journeying to a strange land can be scary, but with God, it can also be the best thing we will ever do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews