Saturday, August 17, 2024

Helaman 10:4-5 -- On Trust and Blessings

"Blessed art thou, Nephi, for those things which thou hast done; for I have beheld how thou hast with unwearyingness declared the word, which I have given unto thee, unto this people. And thou hast not feared them, and hast not sought thine own life, but hast sought my will, and to keep my commandments.
And now, because thou hast done this with such unwearyingness, behold, I will bless thee forever; and I will make thee mighty in word and in deed, in faith and in works; yea, even that all things shall be done unto thee according to thy word, for thou shalt not ask that which is contrary to my will."
Helaman 10:4-5


This blessing shows us some things that the Lord values: Not getting tired of doing the Lord's will, putting the Lord's will before our fears and our own desires, and keeping the commandments. ... I think that the core of it is that God could trust Nephi to do good, and so he could give him great power because he knew that he wouldn't abuse it.

The power that whatever you say will happen... that's amazing power. Today, let's work towards being the type of people the Lord can trust. The closer we get to that, the more tha Lord can bless us, and open up new possibilities for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews