Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Hebrews 10:35-36 -- On God's Timing

"Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.
For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise."
Hebrews 10:35-36


This is a cool scripture... that we need to have confidence that God will do what he says he will. Sometimes we do what God says and we look around and the people that are doing bad stuff seem a lot more happy and content than we are... or the promised blessings don't come immediately.  That can be really frustrating, because we often don't have a lot of patience.  We want the rewards NOW, and we often think that making any effort at all deserves a standing ovation, because it was hard for us to do.

The tough thing to remember is that this life is a test, and we have to pass it. We have to do God's will and then not abandon it immediately if something else looks temporarily more fun. Patience is part of the package... just like a child, when his parents teach him to read and write and walk and talk... and he can't do things exactly like a grown-up immediately. Learning takes time, and so do the blessings of God. He is mindful of us always, and he is applauding when we do things that are hard for us.  He wants to reward us for even the smallest efforts... but he also needs to give us things at the right time, and in the right way... and HE knows the timing best... we don't.

So, today, let's do good, and trust God.   He will give us the desires of our hearts, and bless us beyond imagining... if we can be patient and remember who we are for a little while. :)

20 comments:

  1. I believe one must remember that "the promise" is Eternal life. That reward is "sure" for those who do His will. Of this we must have both patience and confidence. Great scripture choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His reward is sure "Who has promised". We just need to "Trust The Process". He knows The Way that We Take & When We Are Tried We Shall Come Forth As Gold". Job 23:10.I Love It

      Delete
  2. Love GOD and Love this scripture.
    A right word spoken at the right time.
    Praise GOD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. but he needs to give us things at the right time, and in the right way... and HE knows the timing best... we don't. So, do good... and trust God. He will give us the desires of our hearts, and bless us beyond imagining... if we can be patient and remember who we are for a little while. :)
    Thank you, That was really cool.

    I agree with Anonymous above. March 28, 2012

    Who are we? We are His beloved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really needed this at this very moment, please keep me in your prayers. Thank you and God bless,
    CG

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was so on time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this scripture! GOD IS Good! For the past week I felt like GOd was abandoning me,because I was running into all kinds of problems that has been burding me. But I decided to read MY daily scripture for today Sept 19 2014 and it was Hebrews 10:35-36 and I felt like GOD is speaking directly to me.I needed that.I love the Lord with all my heart!!!I will continue to trust in HIM.

    ReplyDelete
  7. God never abandons us, but it is sometimes hard to remember. I'm glad this scripture reminded you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you kindly for your response.This scripture gave me reassurance of how much he love us.and how MERCIFUL and graceful he really is.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am 9 months pregnant and losing patience to wait and wanted to get operated asap but God spoke to me through this verse.....I am so glad to be the daughter of lord Jesus...

    ReplyDelete
  10. We should aways trust and be patient and wait upon the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm going through a tough time right now in a position, I have never thought I would be in! I announced that I was getting married this year and my parents "crazy". They didn't agree with my choice and now one parent is ignoring my texts. It hurts but I truly believe that God has called us to be married. My heart hurts but I am believing and praying that my parents come around. I am in my late late 20's and I thank God for my family, future family and future husband. I have been mediating on this scripture and I am going to wait upon the Lord and stand on His Word.

    ReplyDelete
  12. When you trust GOD, don't doubt but believed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've waited patiently for God to answer my prayers after 23years.How much longer am I to wait,it's taking a toll on me,His timing is perfect but the "wait"isn't .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. never lose faith or hope. God works in mysterious ways. do His bidding, do as what the scripture says, turn back on evil and the rest will follow. He has been and is always with us.

      Delete
  14. Waiting can certainly be frustrating, and sometimes the answer we get from God is no. Not everyone will get what they want in this life, but if we face our challenges with faith, God will make everything right in the end.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews