Monday, March 9, 2009

John 13:34-35 -- On A New Commandment

"A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another."
John 13:34-35


I think it is interesting that this commandment is new.  I think that it is part of who God is, but it is hard to get us to see things in this new way... to see that we don't have to hate or fight or compete, but that we can work together as a community, and care rather than stealing or taking advantage.  That there is a better way. :)
Christ changed lives because he loved people, he understood them on a personal level, and he made sure that they knew they mattered. I wonder if we can do the same. Love everyone no matter what… care about them and what happens to them, and try to help them, regardless of anything they have done or said, or the labels we’ve associated with them. That is how people will know that we are actually disciples of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews