Thursday, July 6, 2000

Isaiah 35:10

"And the ransomed of the Lord shall return, and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy upon their heads: they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away."
Isaiah 35:10


This whole idea of the ransomed returning is cool... and really I think the idea of our lives here on earth.  No matter what we do or how cool we are (and we are pretty DANG cool)... we aren't going to be able to have that peace and gladness and everlasting joy without God's help.  We make mistakes, and we screw up our lives a lot... and God is the one with the power to dig us out of our own holes, to fix our mistakes... to help us become what we dream of being, but could never be alone.  And joy sounds so much better than sorrow, doesn't it? :)  God is so great to us. :)  I wish sometimes that I didn't force him to do so much remediation, and that I could be cool enough to pass kindergarten. :)  I have a lot of work to do before I can get there though. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews