Friday, July 28, 2000

Revelation 2:21

"And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not."
Revelation 2:21


I promise I am not trying to be depressive today... but this scripture kind of struck me today... realizing just how much space God really gives us.  He never strikes us with a bolt of lightning just as soon as we do something wrong... he always gives us the time and the space to deal with it, to learn the lesson... to change.  I would guess that even the dramatic lessons that we see in the old testament were only after much patience with the people involved.  God knows us individually, and he gives us the time and the opportunity to change and to improve.  he doesn't get any pleasure out of having to correct us... he wants us to be happy, and everything that he does is designed to go there.  So, anyway... let's take advantage of the space. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews