Saturday, July 8, 2000

John 21:15

"So when they had dined, Jesus saith unto Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these?  He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee.  He saith unto him, Feed my lambs."
John 21:15


 I think this is great... great learning taking place here.  Saying to Peter, if you love me, then do what I do.  Feed my lambs.  Help other people feel the way that you do, and experience that incredible love that changes minds and hearts and lives.  The presence of Christ on this earth was a miraculous thing, and this man got to hang out with him *every* day... and he tells him: feed others with what I have given you.  Show them how to experience my presence in their lives as well... tell them, show them... love them the way that I have loved you.  And I think that is Christ's message to all of us.  First we have to get to know him, through reading about him, through talking with him... and then we need to share that incredible experience with the people around *us* ... show them how we have been changed through knowing Christ.  One of those things is through feeding others... physically as well as spiritually.  Lifting them up and helping them to stand, just as Christ does for every one of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews