Sunday, July 16, 2000

1 John 2:3

"And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments."
1 John 2:3


This is cool... I think that it is interesting to think about this.  if we really know God... then we'll know why he gives us commandments.  We’ll know how much he loves us.  We’ll know how much happier and better our lives will be if we follow his advice... and we will follow his advice.  You know that saying, "to know me is to love me?" ... I think that is absolutely true with God.  I mean, yeah... he can seem harsh at first.  Pretty standoffish.  :)  But, once you get to know him... how can you resist that shining example of all that we want to be... that strength of character... :)  And, seriously now... how can we not want to follow him, become more like him?  Get to know him.  He is way more than amazing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews