Saturday, June 29, 2024

Psalms 61:2 -- On Help for Hearts

"From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I."
Psalms 61:2


I love the idea and the poetry here. When our hearts are overwhelmed, God is always there to help, helping us to higher ground and solidity when things seem unsafe and unstable. There is no one he cannot help, no matter the difficulty, although of course his salvation does not always take the form that we imagine.

Even though sometimes it is hard to ask for, and accept, help, I think it is also comforting to know that there is always help there, just a prayer away, from someone who knows more than we do and who has the ability, and desire, to help. Today, let's remember that we have backup, always, from someone who loves us, and who can help us to that higher rock, to escape the floods that surround us both mentally and physically.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews