Thursday, June 13, 2024

Proverbs 1:23 -- On Turning

"Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you."
Proverbs 1:23


This proverb is explaining what happens when we do and don't listen to the Lord and do as he asks, and I liked this verse because it is like a miniature version of the overall message, which is basically, do as I ask, improve your lives when I warn you. If I say you are going off the path, get back on it. And then, if you do, then you will have the Spirit and understand the word of God.

Pretty cool promises. Of course, "wisdom" is symbolically speaking here, but still the Lord's message. Today, let's take heed, and turn at the Lord's wise reproof. Let's take his warnings seriously and, with his help, change our lives for the better and become truer, firmer followers of him, knowing that in his strength we can do all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews