Tuesday, June 25, 2024

4 Nephi 1:3 -- On Freedom And Gifts

"And they had all things common among them; therefore there were not rich and poor, bond and free, but they were all made free, and partakers of the heavenly gift."
4 Nephi 1:3


It's interesting that as the people were united in their shared ownership that they gained freedom, and ccess to gifts from God. Perhaps because God is all about uniting us and helping us to be happy, and this got them closer to that ideal.
I really don't know how the whole thing would work, but I love the idea of a unified society where this is possible, and I want the opportunity to learn to be a person that could live in a perfect society like this one, or the City of Enoch.

That's the whole point of the plan, right? To prepare us to return and live, united with God and everyone else in that kind of a perfect society. I don't think I am ready yet, but I hope that I can voluntarily work on it, so I don't have to learn it a harder way, or even worse, be left out to live in a society of people that are like I am now. I want to be better, and God is the way... for all of us. Let's reach out and accept the gifts that God is offering us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews