Saturday, September 28, 2024

3 Nephi 17:2-3 -- On Preparing Our Minds

"I perceive that ye are weak, that ye cannot understand all my words which I am commanded of the Father to speak unto you at this time.
Therefore, go ye unto your homes, and ponder upon the things which I have said, and ask of the Father, in my name, that ye may understand, and prepare your minds for the morrow, and I come unto you again."
3 Nephi 17:2-3


This struck me today I think because conference is coming soon, and this is exactly what we should be doing to prepare for that, but also I wonder... when are we ever *not* in this state? We read and listen, but we rarely understand all of God's words.

Today, let's ponder and pray, and prepare our minds. Not just for conference, but for help understanding the things that we don't yet, all around us. God will help us if we ask him, not just with the scriptures, but with life itself, all of our relationships and challenges. Life is part of the gospel, and our Father in Heaven will help us with all of it as we reach out to him, and as we ponder and pray. Let's exercise a little bit of faith and ask for help solving specific questions, and he will help us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews