Thursday, July 4, 2024

D&C 19:23 -- On The Path to Peace

"Learn of me, and listen to my words; walk in the meekness of my Spirit, and you shall have peace in me."
Doctrine and Covenants 19:23


The idea here seems to be to immerse ourselves in Christ... learning about him, listening to his words, walking meekly so that his Spirit will remain with us, and that is the path to peace.

I think sometimes our lives are not peaceful, and we look for ways to find that. Maybe too often we look elsewhere, when God has already told us the way, many times and in many ways. Today, let's stop trying the World's answers and turn to God. Let's try Christ's recipe, and really immerse ourselves in God and his gospel, and find the peace and joy that come from taking action and moving in God's direction. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews