Tuesday, May 15, 2001

1 John 5:14-15 -- On Being Heard

"And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:
And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him."
1 John 5:14-15


This is really cool.  It takes a little bit of faith, but it really works.  Asking according to God's will guarantees an answer. :)  

Now, God's timing might be different from ours, and the amount of effort that we, personally, have to put in might be perceived a little differently by God... but he will answer us.  The thing is to ask for things that you know that he wants to give you.  Faith... Love... Forgiveness... Mercy... Truth.  No new cars, no gold-plated Monopoly sets.  But friends... yes.  Opportunities to share the gospel... opportunities to repent, to heal wounds and rifts, to bless other people's lives. :)  

These things might seem impossible to us, the wounds too deep, the rifts too wide, the friends too remote.  Everyone around us might seem hostile, and so we might wonder how all these things will come to pass... but they will.  

When we ask for things that God wants to give us, he'll find a way to bless our lives with those things.  In his time, and in his way... but it will definitely happen.  Let's gather our faith today, and ask God for something that we know he wants us to have... and then work for the results. :)

2 comments:

  1. My son got covid. I prayed according this for my father's salvation. I steeled my faith and did not vary for five years.mom called three times during that time telling me that my dad had been involved in a major accident. I then explained praise God! She replied what do you mean praise God I haven't told you what happened to him. I said Mom, he might be hurt but he is not dead for he can't die until he meets Jesus. And he did get saved. Now getting back to my son, I prayed the same prayer in faith and he passed away.
    Please explain:
    Larrygwyatt@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very sorry for your loss. At times like this it is understandable to wonder why God isn't listening to us... but he still is, and he still cares. Your situation isn't something that I can explain in specific, but in general, God has different priorities than we do, and he decides who lives and who dies. Maybe your son had finished what he needed to do on this earth.

    Prayer is powerful, but it isn't a blank check. It has to be according to God's will, and God's will is sometimes that people die. My grandmother died from Covid as well. It's a devastating force. But I know that she is in a better place, as is your son.

    I hope to be able to go to that place some day as well, when my time is finished. Things like that need to be in God's hands because if they were in ours then we'd all just live forever in this very imperfect world, and not move on to a better life. :)

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews