Friday, May 11, 2001

Moses 2:14

"And I, God, said: Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven, to divide the day from the night, and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and for years."
Moses 2:14


This verse intrigues me because it says "for signs" ... and so I think of the star that told of Christ's birth... but how about other signs?  I am not advocating a belief in astrology here, I promise... I am just asking the question.  Are there things in the heavens that we are missing?  Go to any police station or elementary school and the officers and teachers will tell you, absolutely, that crime and bad behavior go markedly up during the full moon.  Why?  The ancient Mayan people had a calendar that pretty accurately predicted a lot of things, and it was based on watching the stars.  So, I wonder if someday, along with our walking on water classes, we'll be taking some alternative astronomy classes. :)  Do we look up at the stars at night and notice the beauty, but not the message from God? :)  One thing, even if there are no signs in the stars that we are missing... It is good to look up at the stars sometimes just to get perspective.  We are so small... and all these things that stress us out so much are also small.  Let's try to find something that is actually eternal to worry about. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews