Thursday, May 3, 2001

Lamentations 3:26

"It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the Lord."
Lamentations 3:26


Have to remember this today.  The last three days I have been in training about an hour north of where I live, and I have been carpooling with a woman from work.  Today was the last day of training, and as we were driving back to town, we got in this discussion about religion.  It shouldn't have been a big deal, but after she dropped me off at my own car, I started crying.  I'm not sure why, but it seems really hard to understand why she pities me because I believe.  One part of the conversation was about how God sometimes asks us to do hard things, and to change ourselves, sacrifice some things to improve ourselves, and she said to me, "Suzanne, I like you just the way you are.  It's too bad that God doesn't." (That might not be verbatim, but it is close.)  How do you respond to something like that?  Maybe I just need to wait a little more quietly. :)  (Just joking.)  Anyway, even when other people don't understand, it is good to hope in the Lord, good to trust that he has our best interests in mind... good that he doesn't ever hurt us except when we need life-saving surgery. :)  And then he heals us so well that we end up better than we began.  You know, I don't know everything, but I do know that the scriptures are cool, and true. :)  And *they* say... it is good when we hope in the Lord.  So, let’s keep it up. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews