Sunday, May 20, 2001

Isaiah 32:17-18

"And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places."
Isaiah 32:17-18


You know, to me... war isn't the opposite of peace.  Stress is. :)  And these scriptures seem to indicate that God's work will bring to pass a pretty stress-free environment.  I like the idea.  I think that we just accept stress as a normal thing in our lives, and when we find something that isn't stressful, it stands out.  some of my friends are like that... they amaze me because I can hang out with them and really relax... not worry that they are going to get offended or react badly to my idiosyncratic ways. :)  We are sure of each other... and I that is what I think of when God talks here about quietness and assurance forever.  No nagging doubts at the core of anything... absolute certainty that things are going to be great. :)  Today I am so grateful for God's consistency.... for the absolute assurance of his love and assistance... even when *I* am inconsistent. :)  I think it takes a God to provide that kind of solidity in our lives... and, at least for me, it helps so much to have something solid to hold on to. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews