Thursday, May 31, 2001

Matthew 5:22

"But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire."
Matthew 5:22


Wow.  I am very bad at this.  I think that I say Raca to people all the time. :(  By the way, the Joseph Smith Translation omits the words "without a cause."  So, that means, whenever we are angry with someone, we're getting off track.  Another evidence of how lacking we are compared to God's infinite patience and love.  It's funny, you know... seems like every time I get angry I think I have a cause... and then it turns out not to be so important after all.  Is that another evidence of the lack of perspective in my life? :)  When we can focus on the eternal, and on the present moment (seems contradictory, but you know, you don't *have* to choose between seeing the trees and seeing the forest... can't we see the trees as *part* of the forest?)... kind of a soft-focus approach, seeing how the details fit into the eternal plan.  If I could do that more often, instead of focusing on only one piece--me--then I would be a lot better off.  Today, let's all stay away from that hell fire, and stop saying Raca to people... whether we think we have a cause or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews