Sunday, July 14, 2024

Moses 7:32-33 -- On Gifts and Guidance

"The Lord said unto Enoch: Behold these thy brethren; they are the workmanship of mine own hands, and I gave unto them their knowledge, in the day I created them; and in the Garden of Eden, gave I unto man his agency;
And unto thy brethren have I said, and also given commandment, that they should love one another, and that they should choose me, their Father; but behold, they are without affection, and they hate their own blood;"
Moses 7:32-33


I like this insight into the creation and the reasons for it. God gave us agency, an amazing gift that brings with it the opportunity to become much more than we are now, but unfortunately we often choose other things besides God with that gift, even though God has prepared a way for us to succeed, and offers us continuing reminders. Today, let's remember our gifts from God, and let's work with him to stay on his path so that we may someday return to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews