Saturday, July 13, 2024

Isaiah 5:4 -- On Wild Vines

"What could have been done more to my vineyard, that I have not done in it? wherefore, when I looked that it should bring forth grapes, brought it forth wild grapes?"
Isaiah 5:4


The vineyard analogy that is used here is also used in other parts od the scriptures. I like the idea of being plants cared for by God. It makes the rebellion seem all the more strange I think, since in the analogy we know that the master of the vineyard used the "choicest vine" and did everything he could for the plants. All the elements of success were there.

I think all the elements of success are there for us as well. God is providing opportunities for us to grow and learn and thrive. Let's not grow wild, but take advantage of the help that God is offering, and learn to be the best we can be. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews