Monday, May 9, 2022

Zephaniah 3:8-9 -- On Waiting Upon the Lord

"Therefore wait ye upon me, saith the Lord, until the day that I rise up to the prey: for my determination is to gather the nations, that I may assemble the kingdoms, to pour upon them mine indignation, even all my fierce anger: for all the earth shall be devoured with the fire of my jealousy.
For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the Lord, to serve him with one consent."
Zephaniah 3:8-9


This is part of some kind of cool Second Coming stuff. I like the idea of waiting upon the Lord... or in other words patience and acceptance of God's timing. That's admittedly really hard to do, but trusting the Lord always leads to good things, so it is kind of like a nice surpise from a friend... we should be able to look forward with anticipation and joy rather than fear and sorrow, not because there won't be some bad chapters, but because we believe in God as the author and in his promised eventual happy ending. Today, let's read up and trust. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews