Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Psalms 119:27-32 -- On Doing our Part

"Make me to understand the way of thy precepts: so shall I talk of thy wondrous works.
My soul melteth for heaviness: strengthen thou me according unto thy word.
Remove from me the way of lying: and grant me thy law graciously.
I have chosen the way of truth: thy judgments have I laid before me.
I have stuck unto thy testimonies: O Lord, put me not to shame.
I will run the way of thy commandments, when thou shalt enlarge my heart."
Psalms 119:27-32


This is very poetic, and it talks about things that we all need... understanding, strength, honesty and grace, confidence, and an enlarged heart (spiritually, not physically, makes me think of the Grinch and hearts growing three sizes). :)

God gives us a lot of things here, but let's recognize that there are committments as well. We need to choose the way of truth. We need to stick to our testimonies, and follow the commandments... be willing to learn God's precepts and follow them. If we do our part, the Lord will do his much bigger part. :)
Today, when we feel like our souls are melting, let's look unto God for all that we need. If we follow his path, then we'll be okay. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews