Tuesday, March 13, 2001

Doctrine and Covenants 19:23

"Learn of me, and listen to my words; walk in the meekness of my Spirit, and you shall have peace in me."
Doctrine and Covenants 19:23


God is amazingly cool.  Not that it is always easy to do what he says... which is basically to get over ourselves... :)  But, he keeps asking, and salvation is always there, held out and offered to us.  He promises us that if we can just do some basic things... learn about him, listen to him, walk with him... we'll have peace.  And, isn't that something that we all could use?  I know I could use a little. :)  It's so sad to me that we seem to only get serious about having God in our lives when we lose that inner core of peace.  And we are desperate, we need it back, and so we (finally) turn to God.  It would be so much easier for us if we held on to him all the time. :)  But, live and learn I suppose... :)  Let's start the learning today, and consider where we are in our relationship with God.  ... he offers us peace.  Let's take him up on the offer. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews