Thursday, March 8, 2001

1 John 3:20

"For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things."
1 John 3:20


Yesterday I was talking to a guy at work, and he said to me, "I think that the greatest leaders are the ones who have learned to lead themselves."  That's absolutely true, and in thinking about that, and about my life, I know that I need some work in that area.  And this morning I read this scripture, which I absolutely love... because we condemn ourselves for valid reasons sometimes.  We act abominably towards others, we hurt ourselves and others... we hate, we scorn, we torment.  Our own hearts condemn us.  But here, in this scripture, God tells us... but I am greater than your heart, and I know more than you do... I know not only that you have problems, but I know that potential that you have within that you can't see.  I see the problems, how to solve them, and the incredible person that I can help you become... so, even if your own heart condemns you, I do not.  Get up, dust yourself off, and try again.  Never believe that you have used up all of your chances, that you are lost and cannot be redeemed.  I am stronger than your heart, I am more forgiving of you than you are of yourself.  And I will help you change your heart, help it to grow into a heart that can love all people, including yourself.  Today, use your heart for good things... loving people, showing compassion... and try to not be too hard on yourselves.  As long as you are striving to improve, there is no room for self-condemnation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews