Tuesday, August 15, 2000

Revelation 10:6

"And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer:"
Revelation 10:6


I’ve always thought that this was mind-boggling.  I mean... time.  we eat it for breakfast in the morning, and live on it every minute (see??) of the day... I have a good friend who says "timing is everything" and it really is, in so many ways... in this life.  Are our imaginations big enough to imagine life without time?  Where there is no beginning or ending, but everything is before us?  I mean... we were talking about walking on the water.  I can imagine that... I can get my mind around the concept... but no time?  Especially in American culture, we are tied to the clock.  Some cultures are a little more relaxed, and maybe they are closer to understanding this concept.  The closest I get is when I think about repentance, and the way that my life has gone, and I feel like in some ways, what I do now actually has power to affect the past... to change it in a way.  That God has power to erase things completely.  My mind can almost get there... that who I am is a decision, and that the past and the future (see, I wouldn't even think these words if I really had it) are all part of now, who I am, who I was, who I will be, that is a decision I make in this moment.  Hmm.  I don't have it... but maybe it is one reason that we have to work through the past... because in a way, it is still before us, still us.  And until we come to terms with the entire picture, then we can't change it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews