Monday, August 14, 2000

Doctrine and Covenants 101:16

"Therefore, let your hearts be comforted concerning Zion; for all flesh is in mine hands; be still and know that I am God."
Doctrine and Covenants 101:16


I get dramatic sometimes with God... maybe you do too.  I get on my knees (unless I am in the car of course) and I cry to him... Father, everything is going *wrong* ... my life is falling apart, please help it go *right* ... things like that, pleading for certain things in my life... voids to be filled.  But this scripture tells us to calm down a little... and think.  God is in control, right?  What if things seem to be going wrong, when they are actually going right?  Maybe your life will improve through this turn of events.  Looking back on my life, at my most hyper and desperate times... I can see that God did know what he was doing, and I didn't.  I might not always like it, but when I can be still and remember that God knows what is best... then I have a lot more hope for a positive outcome.  Every time my life falls apart, a better life falls into place.  God really does want us to be happy... and he'll get us there, if we can trust him a little. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews