Friday, August 25, 2000

John 8:29

"And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him."
John 8:29


I like this scripture... I guess a long time ago, when I first read it, I thought that it was kind of mean of God to leave us alone, ever.  Now I look at it differently.  First of all, this life is a test.  and sometimes, we have to face things without our parents... learn to stand up on our own.  And secondly... it isn't like he is that far away.  We make the choice to do things or go places sometimes where the spirit can't follow... where God doesn't want to be, and so we go alone.  But it's our choice whether to have God beside us or not, and he is never more than a prayer away.  We have to remember who we are, children of God.  and we have to try not to get ourselves into scary situations.  of course, when we do... and we do way too often, he is always there to help us escape.  He just isn't there to encourage our participation. :)  We can't have it both ways... we can't have sin and true happiness... we can't serve God and Satan.  We all eventually have to choose.  So, today... let's choose to hang out with God.  It's a pretty simple choice. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews