Thursday, August 17, 2000

Isaiah 48:10

"Behold, I have refined thee, but not with silver; I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction."
Isaiah 48:10


This is good... not really that fun, but really good.  I know that in my life, I wouldn't learn some lessons unless I had to learn them the hard way... others I can learn through observation or reading, thankfully. :)  But seriously, I think that hard things offer so much learning packed into a small space.  I remember times when my life was miserable... and how much I learned from that.  Through the hardest things in my life I have learned the most important lessons... how much I need God in my life... that I am stronger than the emptiness... that I need to stop running away.  Maybe those lessons were easy ones for you, and other ones you learned through hardship... but there are some powerful lessons there, custom-made for us, from God.  And, yes... there are more to come.  Bad things happen to good people because good people have a lot to learn.  Sometimes hardships come because of our own choices, sometimes because of someone else's choices... but no matter why or where, God teaches through those experiences.  Let’s learn.  :)  Let’s get it... find out what there is to be gleaned from these experiences, and grow.  Sometimes the greatest lessons of the past can be seen when we compare who we are now with who we used to be... what have we learned?  Where have we grown?  Wouldn't the old you have her mind blown seeing where you are and what you are aiming at now? :)  Take advantage of the discomforts in life... because until we leave our comfort zone, we can't expand it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews