Thursday, July 7, 2022

Psalms 73:21-23 -- On Hope in Christ

"Thus my heart was grieved, and I was pricked in my reins.
So foolish was I, and ignorant: I was as a beast before thee.
Nevertheless I am continually with thee: thou hast holden me by my right hand."
Psalms 73:21-23


I think we all feel this sometimes, compared to God... we realize that we're foolish and ignorant, and that we're making things worse. And yet, God still loves us, and helps us, and holds our hands, helping us through. A few verses later it says "God is the strength of my heart," and I think that about sums it up... even though we make so many unwise choices, because we have God, we can still hope and stand up and keep trying. He is our courage and our faith... in him we find our reason to move forward; because he is helping us, we know that we can improve and eventually triumph.

Today, let's look to God for help, and trusting in him, move forward, repenting and improving and becoming new creatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews