Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Psalms 142:5 -- On Caring for the Soul

"I looked on my right hand, and beheld, but there was no man that would know me: refuge failed me; no man cared for my soul.
I cried unto thee, O Lord: I said, Thou art my refuge and my portion in the land of the living."
Psalms 142:5


Sometimes we all feel alone I think. God cares for us in a way that no one else can duplicate, because he knows who we can be, not just who we are, and he supports us in becoming our best selves rather than upholding us when we are inclined to make horrible choices. Instead he reminds us and helps us realize what the right thing to do is.

Today, let's remember the Lord, who doesn't just love our external appearance, but who cares for our souls, and encourages us to improve every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews