Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Jarom 1:2 -- On Making a Difference for Good

"And as athese plates are bsmall, and as these things are cwritten for the intent of the benefit of our brethren the dLamanites, wherefore, it must needs be that I write a little; but I shall not write the things of my prophesying, nor of my revelations. For what could I write more than my fathers have written? For have not they revealed the plan of salvation? I say unto you, Yea; and this sufficeth me."
Jarom 1:2


This verse got me thinking about our individual contributions in life. We often don't think that we are making a difference, or that we have that ability. But Jarom, even though he didn't think he was making a big difference, his words were passed down and are read by millions... and I wonder if he would have said anything else differently if he had known his potential impact.

God teaches us throughout the scriptures that one person, with God's help, can make a difference, and that one person matters. Today, let's take that idea to heart and do some good and pass on some advice. Even if we don't think it will make a difference, with God's help maybe it will... and having the faith to make the effort will be worthwhile to us, either way. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews