Friday, September 1, 2023

Abraham 1:1-2 -- On Journeys and Partnering with God

"In the land of the Chaldeans, at the residence of my fathers, I, Abraham, saw that it was needful for me to obtain another place of residence;
And, finding there was greater happiness and peace and rest for me, I sought for the blessings of the fathers, and the right whereunto I should be ordained to administer the same; having been myself a follower of righteousness, desiring also to be one who possessed great knowledge, and to be a greater follower of righteousness, and to possess a greater knowledge, and to be a father of many nations, a prince of peace, and desiring to receive instructions, and to keep the commandments of God, I became a rightful heir, a High Priest, holding the right belonging to the fathers."
Abraham 1:1-2


I like Abraham's story for a lot of reasons, but part of it is right here. He seems like any of us. He was living with his family and knew he needed to move, and in thinking about that, he thought about who he wanted to become. He wanted to learn, and to follow God and gain instructions on how to become more than he was. And so his journey began.

Our journeys are similar. We see the need for change, and we seek a way to become more than we now are--and God is always the answer to that. He has the knowledge and the power we seek to help us to become who we want to be.

Today, let's do as Abraham did, and enter into a partnership with God. Let's seek his help and follow his instructions as we strive to become better people than we now are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews