Thursday, February 8, 2001

Revelation 3:10

"Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth."
Revelation 3:10


This is interesting... I am not sure what "the word of my patience" is... but perhaps it is just God's commandments, which he patiently keeps saying to us.  he continues to offer us a way out of our unease and worry... a way to find peace, even though we haven't been choosing it very consistently. :)  So, God, very patiently, reaffirms his request that we choose better things for ourselves... and finally, we do. :)  And so, then he protects us from "the hour of temptation."  That sounds a little scary, so I think that I would like to be protected from it. :)  I wonder if the hour of temptation is a re-occurring thing, or if it is some "ultimate" temptation... like Abraham and Isaac or something?  In general though I think that the message is... listen to me, and I will watch out for you. :)  If you obey, then I will be able to protect you, by telling you HOW to avoid that hour... :)  So, today... let's listen to God, and not try his patience too much. :)  And you know... when we listen to God, we hear so many things that we wouldn't normally have heard... so, let's pay attention. :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews