Friday, February 23, 2001

Doctrine and Covenants 108:2-3

"Therefore let your soul be at rest concerning your spiritual standing, and resist no more my voice.
And arise up and be more careful henceforth in observing your vows, which you have made and do make, and you shall be blessed with exceeding great blessings."
Doctrine and Covenants 108:2-3


I love this. :)  I love that, despite all of our screw-ups and limitations, and just plain evil choices... God loves us still.  Isn't that just amazing to you sometimes?  He's like... listen, I know you are in a bad place, and stressed about it... that you think I don't like you, that you think that you are going to get the lake of brimstone instead of the puffy white clouds.  And I would explain to you, if I could get you to understand, what life will really be like after this, but let's just leave it at this... you're okay.  Breathe.  Don't stress.  I still have you on the good list... just be more careful in the future, okay?  Just try to listen to me a little more closely... okay?  I mean, I even know that you don't particularly like me right now, and you think that, because of that, that I won't particularly like you... but that isn't true.  I am your father, after all... and I love you, even when you seem to be going completely insane, as now. :)  You promised me you would call... please do.  You promised me you would come to see me occasionally... please do.  It isn't that I will stop caring about you, it's just that I want to see you... and you never know, you might even learn something. :)
And when God says things like that to us, how can we resist?  He wants us to get up and try again, no matter how hard we fell on out butts this time... he knows that we can learn this stuff, if we just hang in there.  So, yeah... give yourself a break, and start now, today... being good. :)  God can take care of the mess you left behind... he'll help you pay for the damage, and help you deal with the police even, if it is that serious.  But he doesn't care how serious it is... he is willing to start fresh with you whatever the case... no hurdles to jump to get back into good graces.  You are already there... so, today... try.  Talk to him... go see him...  and SEE if he doesn't immediately take you into his arms. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews