Wednesday, February 21, 2001

Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

"Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour.
For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up."
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10


I like this... and I promise this isn't designed to rub it in, those of you who are single. :)  Sincerely, I think it is about way more than romantic relationships.  It is about being there for each other... so often we try to handle everything alone... be "independent" and "tough" ... which, you know, is a good thing to learn.  But not something that we should have to do every day... and not even something that we should _choose_ to do every day.  We are each other's clinical experience, as Neal A Maxwell says... and truly... if we ever graduate from this test and go on to the Celestial Kingdom, we won't be alone.  Our eternities are going to be filled with other people, and we are only ahead of the game if we learn to get along and work together.  :)  I know that I couldn't make it through some days without other people.  I *need* that phone call... that e-mail... that conversation.  When I fall, I know I need some help getting up... often.  And I have a friend who always lends a hand.  Today... let's be that friend for each other.  Help someone to stand... to walk... to run. :)  God is cool enough to share, you know? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews