Saturday, April 29, 2000

1 Nephi 3:7

"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."
1 Nephi 3:7


My sister and I were in the midst of yet another e-mail philosophy session the other day when she started talking about this scripture, not quoting it, but talking about the clause that we have from God where he doesn't give us anything that we can't handle. :)   She told me that she invokes the clause from time to time, and gets a break... at least a few minutes of peace to re-group and get ready for the next episode of "my three nephews." :)  And you know, she's right.  Hope is just flowing out of this scripture... anything that we are asked to do, by God, we know that there is automatically a way to accomplish it.  Isn't that an amazing thought?  There are these huge political sledgehammers fighting each other at work, and huge other kinds of sledgehammers elsewhere in my life... and sometimes it just doesn't seem *possible* to get through the day without getting smashed.  But, now and in the future... God makes it possible to do the things that I need to do, and to survive the smash if it happens. :)  So, really... if I can accept God's word here... there is no reason to stress about things... as long as I can just figure out the way through this one... because there always IS a way through... God promises us that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews