Thursday, April 6, 2000

John 15:15

"Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you."
John 15:15


I like this scripture because it shows us the difference between Christ's leadership style and leadership styles that are a lot more common in the world.  I work in "Corporate America," and earlier this week I had a meeting to talk about some of our document standards.  One of the things we talked about was that in every manual we write we should put a flow chart of the entire process... so that the people doing one job can see how their jobs fit into the whole, and how they are affecting other people's jobs.  I think it is scary that these kinds of things are such a revelatory experience.  So many people dole out knowledge like it is some limited resource... on a "need to know" basis.  I appreciate that Christ isn't like that.  I think we have the veil because the test would be kind of pointless without it... and maybe you aren't going to try to explain the intricacies of nuclear physics to a 2-year old, which we are in a lot of ways... but as soon as we are ready for it, all God's knowledge is there for the asking.  God wants to teach us *everything* ... and we have to put in a lot of effort to get it sometimes, to be able to understand it and how it fits into the whole... but it is all there, this amazing fountain of everything you could ever want to know... taught to us by someone who loves us and really wants us to succeed. :)  That is what education is all about. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews