Saturday, January 1, 2000

3 Nephi 14:15-17, 21


"Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
. . .

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father who is in heaven."
3 Nephi 14:15-17, 21



Well, I was hoping that the world would end so that I didn't have to finish moving, and I didn't have to go back to work... but no such luck. so, I’m back. This scripture is from 3rd Nephi, but can also be found in the New Testament. I thought it seemed like a pretty good scripture to follow up on that one from Hebrews a few days ago... we have to "obey them that have the rule over" us, but we also have to *think* about it... Right here God tells us one of the way to tell whether someone is a false prophet... and I’m thinking that this could apply to teachers, leaders, and rulers as well. (But remember, you have to think about what *I* say too...) :)
So the scripture says, be careful. don't be following people when they are obviously leading you to destruction, or to pain, or whatever... watch what they do, not just what they say. People can spout politics all day and tell you what you want to hear... but if they are *acting* the total opposite, then who is going to listen to them? God says we shouldn't. We need to make sure what we are doing, always, is okay with God. Many of the prophets in the past have said that they wish that all people had the spirit of prophecy. I think that part of the reason that they say that is because we need to be watching out for ourselves... seeking the answers in our lives instead of just waiting for someone to tell us what to do...
or waiting for the world to end. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews