Tuesday, January 4, 2000

Doctrine and Covenants 6:33-36



"Fear not to do good, my sons, for whatsoever ye sow, that shall ye also reap; therefore, if ye sow good ye shall also reap good for your reward.
Therefore, fear not, little flock; do good; let earth and hell combine against you, for if ye are built upon my rock, they cannot prevail.
Behold, I do not condemn you; go your ways and sin no more; perform with soberness the work which I have commanded you.
Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not."
Doctrine and Covenants 6:33-36 


I like this scripture (I always say that...but I really do), it is going off on the fear theme again. and God is telling us to fear not all over this scripture. But he doesn't just say fear not, he gives us *reasons* not to fear. I love that. :) so, first... if you give good, do good... you will get good, have good happen to you. that is cool... and then, if you have God as your foundation, NOTHING, even a billion people who all hate you, can knock you over... and then the COOLEST, going back to the story of the woman taken in adultery... he says that he doesn't condemn us, that we should just go on from where we are, and not sin any more... make sure we are consulting with the Lord in all that we do, and that we don't need to doubt or fear.  Goes along with the whole new years theme... fresh start, time to make changes and new decisions. I finally had time to think about some new years goals yesterday and I decided that my goal was to break 150 in bowling. :)  Seriously though, I imagine that the woman taken in adultery had a pretty fresh start when Christ saved her from being stoned and told her she could start over. ...and here, he is saying the same thing to us. The past is over, and the future is waiting to be read. We have already been promised a happy ending, all we have to do is turn the pages.  So, if we are stuck in the chapter where the hero is having a personal crisis... God just gave us all a new start.  Let's keep reading to where the hero is miraculously saved from that crisis and goes on and does something else challenging and heroic. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews