Monday, January 10, 2000

Alma 38:5


"And now my son, Shiblon, I would that ye should remember, that as much as ye shall put your trust in God even so much ye shall be delivered out of your trials, and your troubles, and your afflictions, and ye shall be lifted up at the last day."
Alma 38:5 


I love this scripture, and I know that I have introduced it to some of you already, so, if I have babbled about it in the past, sorry. Patience, and maybe I will find a new and scintillating one tomorrow. :) Anyway... I think that this scripture is amazing. It’s almost a balance in our relationship with God... :) (Not that anything really could be because he gives us way way more than we could ever work for, or "deserve") ... but look at how it is said... as much as ye... even so much ye shall. So, the more we put our trust in God, the more we are delivered. If we can only trust God a little bit, then we'll still be delivered a little bit... if we can manage to trust God with our whole selves, then we will be delivered completely... and, at least for me, I think that it is a very hopeful scripture. I know that there are some days when I can't break through the fog (of my own creation, I am certain) and make contact with God... days when nothing seems to be going right, and I can't even figure out why I am taking up space in the world. :) ...but even on those days, when I have a very limited memory of the infinite gentleness and kindness that the Lord has always offered me... even then, my tiny speck of trust in him will deliver me. Maybe it will only deliver me in the amount of a tiny speck... but it is enough to get me to the next day, when I can remember more, and trust more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews