Sunday, January 2, 2000

Alma 22:15

"And it came to pass that after Aaron had expounded these things unto him, the king said: What shall I do that I may have this eternal life of which thou hast spoken? Yea, what shall I do that I may be born of God, having this wicked spirit rooted out of my breast, and receive his Spirit, that I may be filled with joy, that I may not be cast off at the last day? Behold, said he, I will give up all that I possess, yea, I will forsake my kingdom, that I may receive this great joy."
Alma 22:15


I think this is a great scripture. he is talking to Lamoni’s father, who is the king over all the Lamanites... he has basically, everything anyone could want. and, yet... when he hears the truth, knows that there is eternal life, and is convinced that God really is there, he is willing to trade it all in for a taste of that joy. and he wants to change himself too, he sees the evil inside himself, and he begs Aaron for a way to get it out, to change and become acceptable to God. And the cool thing about the story is that it works. Aaron tells him what he has to do, and he does it, and it isn't just a temporary solution, Lamoni's father and many of his subjects are converted, and remain converted and righteous throughout their lives. That is amazing to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews