Wednesday, January 5, 2000

Philippians 2:2-4



"Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.
Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.
Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others."
Philippians 2:2-4


This scripture is interesting because of the whole unity theme, which is all over the scriptures, and which I love. Maybe I am too much of an idealist, but I *love* the idea of us all being one, and knowing each other as we are known... the whole Zion society, or the city of Enoch, or just the Celestial Kingdom. It is a great idea, and something to work for and to look forward to. ...anyway. In this scripture I think God is showing us some of the steps that we can take to get there. In verse 2 he says be one... love each other, agree with each other... that sort of thing. Then, he says don't argue, don't be selfish, but see the worth of other people, and remember that you can learn from all of them... and the last verse, it kind of sounds covetous almost at first, but I don't think it is at all. I think it is saying, take care of each other, make sure other people have enough, think about it. And not just things as in physical needs, but things as in responsibilities and worldly cares... bear up each other's burdens. Help each other with things.... whatever they are. Keep other people in mind, find out what they need, and take care of it. Anyway, I think the whole concept of building a Zion society is cool... and I think it starts with things like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews