Friday, December 31, 1999

Zephaniah 3:14-15, 17, 19-20


"Sing, O daughter of Zion; shout, O Israel; be glad and rejoice with all the heart, O daughter of Jerusalem.
The Lord hath taken away thy judgments, he hath cast out thine enemy: the king of Israel, even the Lord, is in the midst of thee: thou shalt not see evil anymore.
. . .
The Lord thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.
. . .
Behold, at that time I will undo all that afflict thee: and I will save her that halteth, and gather her that was driven out; and I will get them praise and fame in every land where they have been put to shame. At that time will I bring you again, even in the time that I gather you: for I will make you a name and a praise among all people of the earth, when I turn back your captivity before your eyes, saith the Lord."
Zephaniah 3:14-15, 17, 19-20


This morning I got up at 6am to do the scripture of the day and my phone had already been turned off... so, I turned on the TV and saw this PBS special, some pacific islanders watching the first sunrise of the year 2000.  They were kneeling on the beach, singing to the sun. I can't imagine a better way to welcome the new year.  Sad that there are no beaches in Arizona. Anyway, this scripture has that kind of rejoicing feeling.  It talks about the second coming, and talks about some of the good things... we won't have to watch evil happening all around us, and cool things like that. But one of the coolest things is in the middle verse, where *God* rejoices with singing. I have never imagined God singing before, but I can only imagine that it would be beyond amazing... so, something to look forward to with the new sunrise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews