Monday, December 27, 1999

James 1:22-24

"But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was."
James 1:22-24


I think this is interesting only because I think I do it a lot. Studying the scriptures, or listening at church, or just thinking and praying on my own I have moments of clarity, where I can see where I am and where I am going, and all there is to hope for. And the rest of the time I forget. I forget what I am working for, and what matters to me... I forget who I am, and who I want to be. Instead of just knowing the truth, we have to act on it, and devote ourselves to it, even sacrifice for it, or it will just be a fleeting image that we won't be able to remember when things get difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews