Sunday, October 24, 2021

3 Nephi 11:37-38 -- On Repetition and Pondering

"And again I say unto you, ye must repent, and become as a little child, and be baptized in my name, or ye can in nowise receive these things.
And again I say unto you, ye must repent, and be baptized in my name, and become as a little child, or ye can in nowise inherit the kingdom of God."
3 Nephi 11:37-38


When Christ repeats something for us, I'm guessing that we should listen, so this is something good to ponder. My take on it is that we need to learn to trust God the way a child trusts. Let go of our pride, recognize that we aren't going to get anywhere alone, and let go of all of our souvenirs of Hell... and be willing to show that by starting over through the process of repentance and baptism, looking to God to know the way instead of with our eyes (2 Corinthians 5:7).

Today, let's think about why Christ repeated this for us. What is he trying to emphasize for us?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews