Tuesday, October 26, 2021

3 Nephi 11:11 -- On Drinking the Cup We are Given

"And behold, I am the light and the life of the world; and I have drunk out of that bitter cup which the Father hath given me, and have glorified the Father in taking upon me the sins of the world, in the which I have suffered the will of the Father in all things from the beginning."
3 Nephi 11:11


Life can certainly seem bitter sometimes, and I think I like this verse because when it feels that way, we know that we're on the right path... walking as Christ walked, and suffering the will of God. There will also be joy, of course, and a guaranteed happy ending, but there are also some definitely challenging chapters ahead.

Today, and also the next time life starts going sour, let's remember this scripture and know that things don't always go bad becuase we're doing something wrong. Sometimes things seem bad when we're doing everything right. Christ walked a difficult path, and as we follow him, we may too--but his way is still the right way, and the one way to salvation and an eternal happiness that will overshadow every pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews