Thursday, February 13, 2020

Numbers 22:38 -- On Connecting with God

"And Balaam said unto Balak, Lo, I am come unto thee: have I now any power at all to say any thing? the word that God putteth in my mouth, that shall I speak."
Numbers 22:38


I was thinking about this idea of saying what God wants him to say, and not having power to say what he wants to say, and I think it is probably more along the lines of, when we speak God's will then our words have power and are true, but when we speak what we want to speak, the same isn't true... and so the prophet Balaam is basically saying here... you think I make this stuff up?  I can't tell you that you are going to win for money, or it wouldn't *be* prophecy.  I have to say what God tells me to say.

I think this applies to our lives as well because the same thing is true.  God's word and will have power in our lives, and our words and our wills have power and inherent truth only when connected to that source.  Want more willpower?  Connect with God.  It's slightly more complex than that, of course.  It's still his will and not our own, so we have to work on things where we're on the same page with God for that to work.  But hey... that's part of the point anyway, right?  Figuring out how we can improve and what God's will is is part of the process.

Today, let's make sure we're in tune with God in our words and in our efforts, and we'll have more power and hope and light in our lives. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews