Wednesday, February 26, 2020

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 -- On Weakness and Power

"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong."
2 Corinthians 12:9-10


I like the idea here that our weaknesses are opportunities to connect to the strength of God.  It's not the way we usually think of things, but it's a true, and good, and better way to see.  When we're strong, we're relying on ourselves and our own (questionable) power.  But when we're weak, of necessity we rely on Christ's power.

Today, we might not be ready to "glory" in our infirmities, but let's take the first step and start considering the other perspective, and take advantage of the opportunity we have to humble ourselves in weakness and thus tap into the power of God. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews