Friday, June 23, 2000

Isaiah 57:20-21

"But the wicked are like the troubled sea, when it cannot rest, whose waters cast up mire and dirt.
There is no peace, saith my God, to the wicked."
Isaiah 57:20-21


This is cool... and no chastisement intended indeed... just, I like the analogy.  You know... when water is troubled you can't see through it, and I imagine this muddy mess.  But when it is calm, it can be perfectly clear, and you can see the breeze on the surface.  Maybe I just relate too well to water... but I think my soul does the same things sometimes... it can be stormy, muddy... or perfectly clear and calm.  And it depends on ME... that's what I have to remember. :)  God can purify even the most obnoxiously oily black water and make it clean and calm.  And, it's a dang good thing, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews