Monday, August 3, 2020

Psalms 73:26 -- On Failing Hearts

"My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever."
Psalms 73:26


I like the idea here that even when we feel like we're falling apart, God is our strength and will help us through.  ... I think sometimes, on our strong days, we feel so good that we think that we can do without God, and perhaps we even start to feel that he is holding us back from the things that we want.  Unfortunately, it often isn't until those illusions are pulled away and we again feel desolate that we remember how much we desperately need God's help in our lives, and how rotten our lives turn when we rely only on our own strength.

Today, let's try to remember early and often that God is the strength of all our hearts and that he is our hope and what keeps us going when things fall apart and our hears fail us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews